The Benefits of Bouncing!~

The Benefits of Bouncing!~

Postby starr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Do you have a mini trampoline?

Using a mini trampoline is an easy lymph-stimulating super-exercise!

Getting muscles pumping in any form will increase lymph flow significantly, say pros. But you might want to consider investing in a mini-trampoline. “Rebounding’, as experts call jumping on a mini-trampoline, ‘is a unique exercise in that you achieve a weightless state at the top of each jump, then land with twice the force of gravity. This bounce forces the millions of one-way valves in the lymphatic system to open expansively, increasing lymph flow up to 14 times,” says podiatrist Morton Walker, author of Jumping for Health.

Joanie Greggains recommended rebounding workout for beginners: Walk-bounce at an easy pace, five minutes; flat-bounce with feet about a foot apart, five minutes; march-bounce with swinging arms, five minutes, walk-bounce, five minutes. Repeat five days per week. As you become stronger, add an extra five minutes of march-bouncing, plus five minutes of "lymph activator" bouncing during which legs stay straight and feet come three inches off the mat.

"Six minutes of bouncing on your rebounder is equivalent to jogging one mile," according to Joanie Greggains!

Ann Louise Gittleman Forum website

Hi Gals,
Yes, this is what ALG told our group on the cruise too! Isn't that amazing??
Here's more from my notes of that session:
It takes only 5 minutes of rebounding to re-circulate the lymphatic fluid throughout your body.
In the first 2 minutes of rebounding, your white blood cell count is boosted as well as your immune system.6 minutes of rebounding = 1 mile of jogging.
20 minutes of rebounding = 3.5 miles of jogging.
I’m TOTALLY there!!
starr

Re: The Benefits of Bouncing!~

Postby Angelizer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm

I do this all the time!
Try to build up to where you can watch a movie while bouncing. If it is hard to hear, turn on the subtitles!!
We ARE the change we want to see in the world!
Angelizer

Postby jpf1030 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Hey Starrley,
Do you still have all that info we got back in the late 80's from Dr. Samuel West on lymph system health modalities, including the rebounder. That would be some excellent info to try to get up here on the blog via even links to it, since it should now be on the internet somewhere.

Ange-, you must be in some kind of shape to bounce through an entire movie!...jpf
jpf1030

Postby wesurvive » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 am

Does it work by jumping around the house or on the bed? =)
You Must Survive. So prepare for it.
wesurvive

Postby Angelizer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 am

Well......The ceiling is a problem when jumping on the bed. So are the blocks my bed is on that enable me to store more stuff under it.
Jumping around the house is really no fun either, take it from me.
There is one jumping/bouncing avenue besides the mini tramp, they are called Jumping Jax. They are what look like snowboard bindings on a spring that you wear and it is a hoot to bounce on them. I run around the yard and to the mailbox on them it is the same G force deal. They make you feel like the Bionic Woman (or man) seriously. The only draw back is you can end up laughing too much, which is ok too because laughing is really good for you and most adults don't manage to do it enough!!
We ARE the change we want to see in the world!
Angelizer

Return to Fitness Training For Survival